Tonic Writing Contest Rules
The “Tonic Writing Contest” is presented by Tonic Magazine Inc., publisher of TONIC TORONTO magazine, (the “Contest Sponsor”).
- This Contest is open to residents within the province of Ontario, aged 18 or over; except those persons employed by Tonic Magazine Inc., current Tonic columnists, or any of its current advertisers, or their respective employees, officers or directors.The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- Contest starts at 10:00 am on February 1, 2015. All times are Eastern Times. No purchase necessary. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or voting methods to subvert the spirit of the rules shall be deemed as tampering and will void the entry. Any incomplete entry will be automatically disqualified.
- Contest closes upon written notification by the Contest Sponsor on its website www.tonictoronto.com.
- Participants are eligible to win one prize valued at a maximum of $100. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prizes.
- To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question as included on the entry form, and may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
- By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their article, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsors and/or their advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules will be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
- By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, the advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s).
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
- (a) The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).