Five Ways to Speed Up Your Metabolism
Tips to Burn Those Calories Quickly and Efficiently
The jury is out! As we age, we lose muscle mass which slows down our metabolism. Metabolism is our natural calorie burning engine that helps us burn everything we eat, even at rest. So how can we counteract Mother Nature and keep our calorie burning oven burning faster?
1. Build muscle: At first this seems like an obvious thing. Nearly everyone knows that if you have more muscle, you'll burn more calories at rest. But what's not obvious is that just going to the gym and going through the motions is not enough. Make sure to increase your strength progressively to increase your muscle and thus your calorie burning!
2. Never starve yourself: When you starve yourself your body immediately shuts down its metabolism to conserve calories while also reducing the ability to burn fat. Make sure to not skip meals and go hungry regularly or your body could go into shutdown mode.
3. Eat smaller more frequent meals: Rather than eating two meals of 1500 calories a day, try spreading that over 4 or even 5 smaller meals. While it is the same number of calories, your body's metabolism will be working at a faster pace if it has to digest food more frequently. Furthermore, blood sugar levels will be more stable which supports energy levels and fat burning.
4. Drink more tea: Not just green tea but white tea, black tea and most unrefined teas are shown to be high in a metabolism enhancing antioxidant known as EGCG. This antioxidant in green tea has been studied extensively and is a clinically proven way to increases the number of calories you burn at rest. Furthermore, it has the added benefit of decreasing calories absorbed from fat, while also maintaining healthier blood sugar levels. Choose a high quality green tea such as macha or find it at the clinically proven level in supplements.
5. Coleus forskohlii standardized for Forskolin: A recent breakthrough in supplements, this derivative of the mint family has been shown to speed up metabolism through activation of Cyclic AMP and hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) in fat cells. Amazingly, it causes dramatic calorie and fat burning without affecting blood pressure or heart rate! In just one study, the average person gained muscle and lost an average of just 9.9 lbs. of body fat. Make sure to choose ForsLean® when choosing a coleus supplement as it is the exact material shown in human research to have these positive effects.